Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Thin Line Between Love And Hate

Growing old is a challenge at any age.
Cloudy, overcast and chilly is a challenge for many people's attitudes.
Adjusting to one's first real winter since 2008 is a challenge for ME.

"Holidays are joyful, there's always something new."
"Oh, that we could always see such spirit through the year."
"Dysfunction rears its yuletide head."

Getting a job is a challenge at any age.
Getting a job in St. Louis depends largely on who you know.
Getting a job is going to happen soon for ME.

I love it here.  There are jobs.

I hate it here.  It's cold.

This is my personal least favorite time of year, but I always have secret hopes that this year will be better.

St. Louis is in my blood for several generations, and it shows.
I'm highly changeable, and that's OK.

I'm learning to love myself.  I've always been a late bloomer.  Others are learning to love me, too.

2 comments: