Friday, April 3, 2020

The Bagpipes of Suburban Boredom


This morning, Stu decided he should mow the front yard. I indicated that I would tag team him and get the back done after he finished in front. 

After I finished my part, I realized that I would love another “spa bath,” especially since I still had the bubble machine and mat set up aside and inside my tub. There honestly is nothing like a good hot tub for tired old muscles.

We had a nice lunch together, after which I tidied up dishes and he went to bed for his nap.

I followed shortly thereafter to my own bedroom, hoping for blessed sleep myself. In anticipation of same, I played a few games on my phone and read a bit on my tablet.

The nap gods were not kind to me today. I tried the sound machine; I tried two pillows.

Every single yard in hearing distance is being groomed today, and I can’t blame them.

We started this cacophony, and it may not finish until all twenty or so grassy yards within hearing distance are complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment