Saturday, July 16, 2016

Does This Job Application Make Me Look Negative?

The interviewer asked me to describe, in 1,000 characters or fewer, what makes me deserve this job.  I utilized 988 characters, according to their online count, as follows:

I'm passionate about non-profit organizations in this economy.  Passion drives great work. 

I don't need supervision.  I worked from home online for nearly three years to keep the bills paid without a full-time position, requiring keen focus.  I get the work done, and I'm a quality fanatic.

When you ask me to show up somewhere, I’m there.  I’m reliable, punctual, and disciplined.

I'm able to easily adapt to a variety of grammar constraints and writing styles to suit my customer.  I've done a lot more of this than my resume or LinkedIn profile will indicate.

I'm very comfortable with a variety of computer hardware and software.  I also have the ability to work around system bugs in newer software.

I've done some actual Search Engine Optimization work for the website that my husband and I developed for our small business (Lake Verona Lodge Bed and Breakfast) which helped increase traffic to our site.

Please contact me to find out more.  Your position sounds exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment